- Repair leaky faucets, sinks, dishwashers.
- If you see any sign of wall mildew or dampness, check for broken pipes inside the walls.
- Replace rusted, leaky garbage disposals.
- Replace significantly cracked floor tiles.
- Tack down loose carpeting or restretch and reattach wall-to-wall carpets.
- Repair holes in walls (from doorknobs) and other damage.
- Repair split door jams.
- Test and ensure that all indoor and outdoor light fixtures and wall outlets work properly.
- Remove or bring to code any rigged garage, workshop, attic or basement wiring.
- Remove soap scum, mildew and stains from bathrooms and kitchens.
- Empty and clean all cabinets.
- Check fireplace gas valves and dampers to ensure proper operation.
- Repair cracks to fire box and outside chimney.
- Install chimney-top spark arrester.
- Repair loose railings, steps and outdoor carpeting.
- Bring exterior lighting to code or remove.
- Replace cracked window panes and window caulking.
- Replace torn screens.
- Make sure all windows open and close properly and smoothly.
- Repair wobbly fencing and replace rotting wood.
- Repair sticky gates and broken latches.
- Replace broken sprinkler heads and repair leaks.
- Check that garage doors hang properly and that door openers work.
- Install missing gutters and downspouts.
- Clean any debris and get rid of any junk.
POOLS AND SPAS
- Repair pool/spa leaks and cracks, plus cracks in coping.
- Check operation of heater, pump, filter and underwater lights.
- Repair clogged spa jets.
- Trim back tree limbs from house or eaves.
- Cut back ivy and other vegetation from wood-paneled exteriors.
- Weed and edge all beds. Freshen mulch if needed.
- Clean any debris.